::1.2:: Crocus

 



 Time passes through Appaloosa Plains, but Blithe and Kurtis stay.


Kurtis is hard at work...


...Performing magical hits for his boss.  Right in front of the victim's wife and children, in this case.


Blithe, meanwhile, continues slaving away backstage of the theatre, while playing her guitar and dreaming big in her freetime.


At least the incidentally-acquired skills come in handy at home.


Until...!


The very best preparations are swiftly made, mostly from Kurtis' under-the-table paychecks.  Blithe tries to focus less on her partner's illicit deeds and instead on the positives, such as how much wicked cute stuff her baby is going to have.


Bah.


"Kurtis, my dearest sweetest hero, will you please consider finding more... appropriate work?  We have a kid on the way now, I'm earning raises at work, and our bank account is comfortable."

"It's not just about the money, babe, it's about my needs."

"Your needs to... maim people in public facilities?"

"Yes."

"Ugh, I knew it!"

"I cast memory wipe spells on witnesses, don't be dramatic."


Blithe gets anal about Kurtis using magic in the house, so he starts going to a secluded park to practice.  Technically, outside of his boss and a few "trusted" "coworkers," no one outside his household knows of his abilities.


Eventually, however, he ends up plopping down on the wet ground and staring into empty space.

A kid, huh...?

It's not that he hates the idea, it's just...


Anyway, the Spooky Day festival rolls into town, which Kurtis and Blithe attend, greeted by this poor whelp.


Kurtis, powerful witch and hardened criminal, is terrified of the haunted house's jumpscares.


 Blithe pretends to be unbothered...


...Until the very end, where she pees herself in terror.


Kurtis is an evil sim, so his pregnant partner's public humiliation pleases him I guess?  Weird flex but okay.


No way in hell I'm going in there, this wise horse decides.


Apparently Kurtis is a good partner too, because he goes to pick some flowers to make Blithe feel better...


Except he's also here on "business," which would definitely not make her feel better.


"Jerk."


Luckily for Kurtis, Blithe does not see any of this go down, and they leave the festival soon after.  This was long before I learned about Nraas Relativity mod, so sims could only get in roughly 2 actions a day due to lag.


Blithe stays up late doing housework, while Kurtis broods outside in the frosty night air.  Edgelord.


Time skip to Blithe's labor!  Kurtis cackles at her pain.


"Could you not?"

"Right.  Sorry.  I'll call the cab."

Green chest hair??  Huh.


By morning, a little boy named Crocus Soot is born.

Only in sims can I get away with naming boys after flowers.  Truly the simulated utopia humans can only dream of...


Crocus is settled into the only room in the house that is somewhat passable in terms of color scheme and decorative choices.


Any uncertainties Kurtis had about fatherhood dissipate the first time he holds his newborn son in his arms.

He's going to do right by this kid, he's sure of it.



ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Misc: Seeing the screenshots of Blithe playing her guitar over the rolling hills of Appaloosa Plains gave me a huge wave of nostalgia for this save.  I don't think I'll ever go back to it, but still... I do miss these sims. :`)

Comments

  1. I cracked up laughing at the line:

    "Kurtis is an evil sim, so his pregnant partner's public humiliation pleases him I guess? Weird flex but okay."

    Mostly because I literally said out loud "weird flex but okay" looking at the picture, before I read the caption.

    It's all entertaining, but I just had to share my moment there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, glad we're on the same wavelength about Kurtis' behavior!
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Lol, after reading the few chapters of this, I'm tempted to make my next RLC about 10 generations of supernatural assassins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, PLEASE do. I would read the heck out of that.

      Delete

Post a Comment