::1.1:: Strawberry Couch, Kitchen Sink (Introductions)

 Hey, remember all those cool characters you were introduced to last chapter?  Yeah, prepare to never see them again.  They are gone forever.

Instead, meet the founder of the Soot legacy: the skunk-haired Blithe Soot, who has all the personality of a hard-boiled pine cone.


And her boyfriend/husband/???, Kurtis Oglesby.  He's a witch, obviously.

Hm?  Irusi Bylseog who?  I have no idea what you're talking about.


The couple have moved to Appaloosa Plains, for reasons unknown.


Where wild horses are just another run-of-the-mill yard pest.


They live in a small but tidy house at the end of a country road (take me hoooome).  They can't agree on how to decorate it--which surely bodes well for their relationship--so half of the house is in hues of green...


 ...And the other half is unforgivingly black and white.

It's very ugly.


And it's got this unnecessary wall-sized window on one side of the house.


But aww, they're so romantic. <3


Irusi--I mean, Kurtis--has the evil trait, so his logical next step (as ordered by his generation's rolls) is to seek out a job at the Barn of Criminals.


He is promptly arrested.


Of course, this pisses off Blithe.

"I got the job, so what does it matter that I spent the night in jail?"

"I don't want you taking that kind of job at all," Blithe frowns.

"I'm just trying to provide for us, babe.  The boss said that if my magical abilities proved useful, he'd promote me right away.  It's not like your job as a stagehand is bringing in enough to pay the bills, anyway."


"Shut up," is Blithe's mature and helpful response.


One of Kurtis' coworkers didn't get the memo that they are, in fact, coworkers.


Not the couch!

"What the hell, Karen?!"


 Nooo, the sink, too!


Kurtis does what any sim would do in this situation.


Blithe, however, is not pleased with this move.  "You're a criminal and you called the police?"

"I had to stop her before she got the kitchen sink!  Get off my back!"


"Well, it appears the thief uh, got away."  The cop clears his throat awkwardly.  "So I'm uh... I should probably go."



The next morning is silent and broody.


The bathroom sink does get replaced.


As does the couch; this time with a slightly better design.


They eventually make out up.

The bedroom was part of the house Blithe was allowed to design, so it has the lighting quality of a black hole.



 I hadn't figured out how to turn off the full moon, yet.


Blithe saves up enough money to buy a guitar, and slowly starts on the path of her dreams...


 And Kurtis gets his first order.  Someone hasn't paid back what they owe Barn Boss, and is in need of some "convincing."

Kurtis tracks them down to the gym.  "I heard you're here to burn some calories."


 Where his intimidation spell literally backfires.


"Are you okay?" his victim asks bemusedly.


If at first you don't succeed...


 "I heard you're here to burn--"

"You said that already."

"Pathetic mortal, let me finish the line!"


Once the job is done, Kurtis figures he may as well get some cardio in, since he's already there.



"Oh my plumbob, do you need help?  Should I call the fire department?"

"Nah, it's not that bad."



ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Misc: So here it is; the proper beginning of the legacy.

All of this took place before I'd really started to flesh out a story for these sims, and I wasn't expecting Kurtis to stay in the house very long, much less be a character that would remain in the legacy for basically its entire duration (spoilers?).  Thus, his name is one that was randomly-generated after a few clicks of the die in CAS, which is why it's Kurtis Oglesby.  What a ridiculous last name.  Oglesby.

Soot is much less silly.

Comments

  1. Haha, I love your DIY couch (both of them), and don't you hate it when your burglar gets burgled.

    "Pathetic mortal, let me finish the line!" - cried the self charcoaled man.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burglars always hit my sims early on in the first gen, so all there is to take is essential furniture pieces like couches, showers, stoves. It's tragic. :(

      Delete

Post a Comment